Monday, July 28, 2008

 

Letter from Londonistan, by Richard Martineau

Richard Martineau
Journal de Montréal
28/07/2008 12h06

I don't want to make nobody jealous, but I spent last week in London.

I thought that if Sir Paul can sing I Saw Her Standing There on the Plains, I can sing La Bitte à Tibi in the middle of Hyde Park.

It's not for me brag, but my concert took a big effect. Of the five people who heard me, three told me they were going to spend their next vacation in Rouyn-Noranda.

This is crazy as the music brings peoples. It's like me, since I know that Sir Paul has sung in Kiev on June 14 last 000 to 350 people (not to mention the inhabitants of Harkiv, Dnepropetrovsk, Sevastopol, Lviv, Donetsk and Odessa, who were able, lucky, watch the show on a giant screen), I do dream of one thing: spend two weeks in Ukraine.

After all, if Ukraine is quite good for Sir Paul, it is good enough for me, is not it?

NEW MODE

When you think of London, we see red phone booths, men who wear a bowler hat and double-decker bus. Well, if the trend continues, we will soon add another icon to this list: burkas.

Indeed, I saw more of burqas in five days in London that skinny T-shirts in a month in Quebec.

No veils or scarves, no: burkas. The beekeeper costume, with the small door at eye level that allows Ms. not darken in her husband when she read 15 feet behind.

This is the new fashion in London. Mr walks in the department of perfumes Harrod's in gougounes and shorts while the lady to sue big drops under his black shroud.

But, hey, this is the choice of these women, eh? As seems Francoise David, who am I to criticize?

After all, what woman does not cover with a thick veil from head to foot when it's 35 ° outside?

It's so beautiful, so perfectly fitting pair, so I had that tendency retain my blonde with two hands so that it does not buy them one on the spot ...

I SAW HER THERE HIDING

Want to see what excess leads Canadian multiculturalism? Spend a few days in London, it will défriser the nerve.

The most amusing is that while the English embrace the burqa (a burqa when signed Stella McCartney?), On the other side of the Channel, French refuse to grant citizenship to an immigrant because she bears the full veil (it is called there a "lack of assimilation").

If I were a subject of Her Majesty, I ask serious questions.

Soon, if it continues, you know who will sing in the middle of Hyde Park to celebrate the founding of London? Nobony. Neither Sir Paul, nor Raoul Duguay.

Because we will not want to offend the ayatollahs who do not like music.

THE LONDONIAN EXAMPLE

Meanwhile, Canada, the advocates of multiculturalism are now wondering if we should not allow polygamy, history of respecting the religious practices of some immigrants. As the Beatles sang: "Help!"

Link

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]