Thursday, April 30, 2009

 

Did Jesus ever lied?, by Iba Bouramine


Jesus lied in John, Chapter 7.

In John, chapter seven, there is talk of a banquet which the disciples go. Jesus said he will not go to the party, but then went there on the sly.

In french, we have the translation Sower:

The world has no reason to hate you, but me it hates me because I testify that his actions are bad. So, go to the feast, for my part, I'm not going to [b] because the time has not yet come for me. After having said this, he remained in Galilee. But when his brothers were gone for the feast, he gave him, but secretly, without showing.

And b we note that "Some manuscripts have: I'm not going."

And Louis Segond, actually:

Mount you, in this celebration, for me, I did mount, because my time is not yet completed. After having said this, he remained in Galilee. When his brothers were fitted to the party, it climbed as himself, not publicly, but as in secret.

Bayard in the translation is even more pronounced:

Rendez-vous at the party, I will not go, the opportunity is not there yet. (...) Yet, once his brethren to the party, he went there too, not in broad daylight, but as in secret.

In English version VIN:

Therefore Jesus told them, “The right time for me has not yet come; for you any time is right. The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that what it does is evil. You go to the Feast. I am not [yet] going up to this Feast, because for me the right time has not yet come.” Having said this, he stayed in Galilee. However, after his brothers had left for the feast, he went also, not publicly, but in secret.

The "yet" was added. Some try to explain it by saying that Jesus said he did not go with those who came to invite him.

The King James Version offers another explanation. The passage is phrased as if Jesus first mentioned the "feast" (feast) as the afterlife or something like:

Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come. When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee. But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

The American Standard Version does not "yet":

Go up to the feast yourselves; I do not go up to this feast because (K) My time has not yet fully come. "9Having said these things to them, He stayed in Galilee. 10But when His (L) brothers had gone up to the feast, then HeHimself also went up, not publicly, but as if, in secret.

Jesus lied about his return

It puts into the mouth of Jesus words concerning the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven and the return of the messiah. For example in Luke:

Then they see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to happen, straighten up and raise your heads, because your delivery approach. - Luke 21:32 (emphasis added)

Jesus told his disciples that they will return, as many will be still alive when he returns:

For the son of man comes in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then travel to each according to his conduct. Verily I say unto you: There are a few of those here who point not taste death until they see the son of man coming in his kingdom. Mat. 16:27-28. (Trad. Darby)

Link

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]