Monday, December 28, 2009

 

When the police curve back (2), by Richard Martineau


Richard Martineau
Journal de Montréal
18/11/2009 06h43

Yesterday I told you the story of the police chief of Windsor who had to publicly apologize to the Muslim community in Ontario because one of its agents had searched the wife of a radical Islamist wanted by the FBI during a police operation.

This column brought me several reactions, including an email from a policeman SPVM.

WHAT "DAMAGE"?

"I have been accused in police ethics for speaking with the wife of a Muslim, told me the agent who wishes to preserve his anonymity.

"The man wanted to talk to me after an intervention that had involved earlier in the day. He phoned the station and asked what my partner and I were going to meet with him.

"It was presented at the time requested, but the man was not present. His wife told us. The lady was hesitant, talkative and somewhat unaware of the situation. We were courteous to her, and we recorded this event in our report.

"A few months later, we received a letter from the Commissioner of Police Ethics accusing me of abusing my power over the woman in question. Although no complaint was made against me and my partner, the police of Montreal still has apologized to the lady for the "damage" caused for this "unfortunate" incident ...

"The worst is that I have never met or consulted about this complaint. However, the police apologized on my behalf because I did my job!"

INTIMIDATION

Every time I tell stories of accommodations, I get emails accusing me of racism and xenophobia.

It's an old trick: we leave the word "racist" when someone dares to criticize the religious extremists in the hope that someone will take his hole and close the mouth.

I have bad news for you, boys: it does not work with me. If it worked, it's been a long time that I should write more, the number of emails I get insulted every day.

In fact, I would say that it has the opposite effect. The more you attack me, the more I want to write on the subject.

I'm not eating meat for eight months, I still kept my head pig.

BAD PUGLIA!

A few days ago, I said I did not understand why the police gave tickets to young people who make the squeegee.

This earned me several emails from people screaming against "that damned lousy who ask for money".

A man wrote me that her son was beaten up by the homeless. I understand his anger. But when I was young, I got beaten up by some Englishmen. Does it mean that all Englishmen are savages? Of course not.

Just as Muslims are not all Islamists. Remember the documentary of Paul Arcand, Les voleurs d'enfance? Arcand was walking in a park frequented by homeless and asked the young people present who were awarded by host families.

The vast majority raised their hands.

Contrary to what some people think, young people living on the street are not rich kids who are poor.

These are often young skinned alive. And they should be disgusted because they ask for money?

Link

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]