Sunday, December 21, 2008

 

An Open Letter to Tipping Point and Point de Bascule, by Francis Chartrand


Hello to all the team of Point de Bascule,

I would like to congratulate you to be standing (to congratulate someone for having held a moment imagine), you are an example for the nation and a model for youth and I am not even exaggerating.

First let me introduce myself, Francis Chartrand, former NDP candidate in the district of Rivière-des-Mille-Iles in the 2006 federal election, at the age of 23 years. I say "ex" because it was one year this week, December 16, I had the news in the media (Toronto Star) that I would be more candidate for a second consecutive election. I was removed from my position as candidate along with Micheline Montreuil, in the riding of Quebec.

Following an internal party battle, statements and piracy on my blog, resignations of several of my brothers and sisters as solidarity, based on a petition campaign salissage, I later learned, 6 days later than that was because of my positions on reasonable accommodations, and I asked that the NDP chose to make Canada a secular state and secular at the same time adopting a constitution and secular separating the powers of the state and religions, now not only the state and church, and preventing the integration movement and fundamentalist religious fanatics as lobbyists with the Supreme Court of Canada and as lobbyists religious fundamentalists. While members of several organizations give me their support as Quebecers Lay Movement, the Association of Maghreb Laurentians, and many citizens of Arab origin, Algerian and Moroccan living in the Lower Laurentians themselves, the NDP, they I dealt with racism, Islamophobia and "asshole of 450 to exterminate" and even said to me: "Get Converted to Islam, therefore, try it, this religion, it will not kill you anyway."

It is worth mentioning that all members of the local association of the NDP had been suspended indefinitely from January to August this year because almost all members (98% of the 289 members of Riviere-des-Mille-Iles) had chosen to support me in my struggle when I'm finally show the door by my party last February, which had the effect of "punish" the dissenting members for failing to honor the party, instead of investigating the association and a vote of confidence.

We got wind of this suspension, my team and me, because members had joined the NDP headquarters in Montreal in December of last year and were answering the phone that no statement should be called to newspapers , and argues that they were having made under penalty of suspension of membership cards. Members also were suspended in Argenteuil-Papineau-Mirabel, Marc-Aurele-Fortin, Terrebonne-Blainville, Montcalm, Alfred Pellan, Laval and Laval-Les Iles, probably totaling more than 500 suspensions card members and without notice, until we learn in August.

Then later, in an attempt to introduce myself as an independent candidate in federal elections, which is what me and my team were currently working in my county Rivière-des-Mille-Iles, on the North Shore of Montreal, planes knew that a campaign was salissage good wind in the region. Some "volunteers", obviously from the NDP, because they had a badge of the NDP in the neck, were door to door in Deux-Montagnes, St. Eustatius and Boisbriand.

The point of this campaign salissage was to make me pass me and my colleagues, Christian Barrette, a former candidate for the swearing-in Alfred Pellan, Alexandre Laberge, former secretary in the Association for the NDP riding Riviere-des-Mille-Iles and Anne Humphreys, a former candidate for the swearing-in Marc-Aurele Fortin for racists, xenophobes, the Islamophobic and even anti-Semites. As these volunteers were first tour of some 289 members of the association council, even at home, distributing a pamphlet without photo or image showing that I was racist because I was standing and held firmly against the reasonable accommodation on a religious point of view.

Thereafter, I do not believe my eyes or my ears. For a weekend of August, more than 60 former members had joined my campaign regional committee by telephone that they were intimidated during the door-to-door by 2 "volunteers" from the NDP. They were male, showed a membership of the county of Notre-Dame-de-Grace-Lachine, and do not hindered to treat guests in their own house, "fucking racist" and "fucking suburban people" , "residents of 450 to exterminate" and even of "cursed Quebecois against Sharia", because yes, these volunteers was apparently the promotion of cultural diversity including Sharia.

If they try to save face in their party, they have the right to keep the members they can, but they are in compliance. In election campaign, it is always up to be respectful to a citizen who opens his door, as citizens, voters and even members of the party attached to his home is not affected by our politics, in quite possibly has nothing to sperm washing machine sal cultural groups in Montreal and is entitled to its peacefulness. Those who do not know what this message means, have an interest in releasing the door to door. Did we get involved in the election campaign in Saint-Lambert and Westmount-Saint-Louis? No.

Another point made me jump. What kind of hypocrisy can we have against members or former members of the NDP while volunteers seeking a "support against" against me, or even a renewal of a membership card, or even seek a member to its door to promote cultural diversity including the Sharia, while its membership card is suspended for 7 months out of disciplinary action to seek censorship on the part of members? And they dare call this party, democratic?

The days passed, and came the federal election, where you have hit the electoral team of the NDP candidate in Bourassa, Samira Laoun. Tell yourself that this day, you did my revenge, and I Jubilee joy and relief when you had shown evidence of hate propaganda on the part of Mohamed Elmasry. And what about the statements wise Tarek Fatah, which does not mince words against Jack Layton, Thomas Mulcair, and of course, Yvonne Ridley. As for me, I preferred to put my political career aside, temporarily, the time to take a breath again, after I was operated by the throat and lungs, where does my 4 tumors.

Thank you for you to take my old party, even when I am forbidden to be racist, I was threatened with prosecution. Why, for bitch? NDP: New Democratic Party? No, New disciplinary procedure. (Make sure you crush, say you like it with a forced smile, and shut up!) When a 25-year old, which is a known activist in his community with an impeccable reputation and transparent and that be demolished as the proponents of religious pluralism NDP did, believe me, it eats a slap. But when we realize that our ideas are repeated and repeated by others, such as you at Point de Bascule, it is good for the conscience to know that we are not in the field.

My life takes its breath and lay my struggle continues, and in addition to the fight against poverty which I am at every moment, as well as that for press freedom. I am "politician" and I believe in you. Good work.

Francis Chartrand

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]